Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I finished my Unix class last night - an "A" on the final, and an "A" overall for the class. I feel pretty good about that. My only regret is that it's over - I feel like I was just getting started, and there is so much more to learn. Alex has set me up with a test server at home, so I can start to study one of our sites and figure how all the files and scripts call on each other. He also gave me a book to read, on PHP and MySQL. The book is about 3 inches thick. I'll get right on that.

The other piece of good news is that I finally have someone to come clean the house once in a while! Her name is Jennifer and she's coming over tomorrow afternoon to walk through the house with me and give me an idea of what she would charge. I'm so relieved already, it's amazing that I feel better even though she hasn't started yet. Just the idea that I won't have to tackle that big house all by myself anymore...

No comments: