Tuesday, August 17, 2004

We had a great time at the track in Pueblo this weekend - no injuries to our team (yahoo!), and Alex took third place in one of his races! There was a little wooden plaque and everything! He also did well in the two other races he ran, but nothing higher than 4th place. Pueblo was really pleasant this weekend - not too hot, nice breeze, etc. If every race weekend were that mild, I wouldn't mind going to them all.

School starts next week for me. I'm taking Spanish Language II and a SQL course, all at night (Tues, Wed and Thurs). I'm going to rescue squad meetings & training on Mondays and some Saturdays, so I'll be pretty booked. I think I'm going to postpone working at the shelter until after the first of the year, when I've finished my courses. Much as I love going there, I just don't see how I can commit to more than I already have on my plate.

No comments: