Monday, August 30, 2004

It's amazing how quickly you can fall behind on things. It's only my first week of school, and I've got a pile of homework for two different classes to get through before tomorrow night - oh, and let's not forget the part where I have to bring 5 things into class and describe IN SPANISH why they're important to me or representative of me. Sure - I'm lucky if I remember how to say "My name is..." in Spanish.

It's also budget season at work, which means half of the senior staff is in full-blown panic mode all of the time, making sure they meet all of their ridiculous timelines for deliverables ("timelines for deliverables" - I'm sounding way too corporate). My life in budget hell is complicated by the absence of my boss - a man who travels 2 or 3 days out of each week is not the best person to manage a budget.

No comments: