Thursday, March 18, 2004

Why can't I have a Mac at work? Why why why why why? I hate this computer, I can't tell you how many times throughout the day it crashes, kills programs or just slows down in general. I've started doing more graphics and web stuff, and it just kills the speed on my machine (especially since I have to be running the infamous memory/CPU hog Outlook all day). Not to mention, there's no good music player for windows that isn't a usage suck - forget Real One, and even Winamp is slowing me down. Can't very well get my work done w/out my music in the background. May have to break down and buy a boom box for my desk. There's a technological step backward.

Kim is coming over tonight, hopefully - if she makes it on a flight out of SF, she should be at our house in time for a beer and a movie. Alex will be one with his computer for the next few nights, since I dragged him out to the pub last night and he didn't get any work done, so I'll be happy to have someone to play with.

It's a perfect spring day here. I went out to lunch with a friend from work, we walked to a Japanese place that is a few blocks away - it was so hard to bring myself back to the office, I just wanted to find a little table outside and sit there for the rest of the day. I'm hoping to leave early though, so I might go home and just enjoy my backyard. This is the best time of year for it, warm and breezy, but no mosquitos yet.

No comments: