Tuesday, March 23, 2004

There's something about Tuesdays that is just wrong. The week isn't half over yet, and the memory of the past weekend is still fresh enough to torture. The one upside to this week is that it's spring break, so no class. I do have homework, which I will likely put off until the very last moment. It is nice to be able to relax this week - I went to a baby shower last night, I'm doing assorted housework-type things tonight (have to finally move the futon into the basement), have my cleaning person coming tomorrow morning and a meeting with the accountant tomorrow afternoon, have a going-away party/happy hour on Friday, and then breakfast on Saturday with two girlfriends. The only downside is the hours I have to spend at work.

I went to see "Taking Lives" on Sunday. It was better than I expected, kind of a surprise ending. Angelina Jolie didn't leave much of an impression, but I thought Ethan Hawke (the poor, beleaguered former Mr. Uma Thurman) was pretty interesting to watch. There was more for him to do in this film than I've seen him do before. Next up for me on my movie list - either "Girl with the Pearl Earring" or "Secret Window".

No comments: