Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I have such nice friends. I got a package in the mail on Monday afternoon from my goddog, Louie - he bought me some books off of my Amazon wish list on behalf of his people, my friends Mike and Joni. Four new books that I can't wait to dive into, including Food Lover's Guide to Paris - I heard about this book in an interview on NPR a while back, and it looks wonderful, lots of yummy recipes in addition to the stories about where the locals go for the best food.

I'm trying to convince Alex to come look at a couch with me this weekend. A friend from work is selling it for $75, and from the photos it looks brand new. It's very simple, clean lines, so if I get sick of the color, it will be easy to slipcover. I am trying to set up one half of the basement as a room for me - a desk, couch, comfy chair. Alex is busy most of the time at the Mac in our main office room, I need to set up one of the spare computers somewhere else, plus I need a place to go in the summer where it will be cool. I want this to be a cozy space for me, where I can go and knit or read or work on the computer. I think we need another Mac though, I don't see how I can go back to Windows after getting so spoiled. I have high hopes for this little room. I need a place to be crafty.

My mother had another successful open house last weekend, and has had three private showings so far this week. There is a film crew coming tomorrow to shoot a commercial at the house (I'm not sure for what product), and then there will be another open house this weekend. There is a rumor from the broker that one of the viewers is putting together an offer for this week, so keep all your fingers crossed for a good, high offer that we can accept, and get this show on the road.

No comments: