Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I noticed on my paycheck yesterday that the raise I was supposed to get on March 1 has not yet kicked in. I suspect a conspiracy, but am resisting the urge to point fingers, and instead have dispatched my boss to look into it. It's only a small (very small) increase, but it's the principle - if I'm going to be here, toiling as department slave, they damn well better pay me what they owe me.

I heard about a band that's being touted as the next Nirvana - The Vines. MSN.com has a link up where you can listen to their latest album ("Winning Days") online through the end of this week. Some of it is pretty good, I'm listening to it at my desk right now. I'm going out today to run errands at lunch, and I'd like to get some of Prince's stuff - I saw a clip of his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he was amazing.

I'm desperately fighting down the urge to go camera shopping. Alex gave me a digital camera for Christmas about two years ago, and it's been a great camera - but everyone has red eyes, there are spots on the lens that I can't seem to get rid of, and the style (the lens folds out to shoot, then back up to turn off) makes it a little awkward. Plus, there's no speed to it whatsoever, so if anyone moves a fraction of an inch during the 20 seconds it takes to snap the photo after I depress the button, the photo is off. You know how it goes with toys, always looking to upgrade...

No comments: