Monday, May 17, 2004

It's been a loooonnnnnng few days. We got back from Pikes Peak International Raceway last night - our day of racing was cut short after Alex crashed in his second heat race of the day. It's really too bad, he was having a great day, took second place in his first heat and was in the lead in the second. Thankfully, he's not hurt, but the bike has seen better days. It's going to be a bit expensive to fix, so he'll miss the next few races and will probably only compete in the endurance races after that.

On the work front:
- My boss is in a strange mood, I think he forgot to tell his wife that he's traveling again this week. She doesn't like that.
- The wife of one of my other coworkers passed away on Saturday. She was terminally ill, so everyone kind of knew it was coming, but didn't expect it this quickly. They were married for 30 years, and I can't imagine what he'll do without her.
- I really hated coming here today. Something has changed for me and I no longer want anything to do with this place. I can't even put my finger on what it is. I didn't sleep well last night and have felt strange since I woke up, so maybe that's a lot of it, but still...

No comments: