Thursday, May 20, 2004

The debate that rages in my mind right now is about a new car - my poor Exploder is starting to scare me a little bit - electrical problems in a vehicle are never a good thing. Besides, Alex teases me mercilessly for having bought a Ford (Dean and Kim are now victims of this same abuse and can empathize). My criteria for a new car are: must get good gas mileage; must be affordable; must not be a Honda, Toyota, Hyundai or Kia; must maintain some semblance of resale value. I think I'm ready to get away from SUVs, and I like the idea of a hybrid (but that kind of knocks out the "affordable" requirement). I'm just about settled on the idea of a Subaru WRX Sport Wagon. It's all-wheel drive, roomy enough for me, the boy and the dog, and gets around 22 miles per gallon. It's a little more than I would prefer to spend, but it will hold it's value really well, especially in Boulder. Also, it's fairly small, and would be much more convenient to drive around town and find parking. Hmmm, I really like it in silver...

No comments: