Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I thought that with school being over, I'd finally be able to relax and have some time to myself. Strangely, that hasn't happened yet. I'm still busy enough at work that I don't have time to work on any of the programming projects that I want to do (Alex set me up with some test stuff, the goal being that I can help him with his consulting workload). He's traveling this week for work, so I thought I'd have time to help my mom at her new house and even work on a surprise for him at home - but my friend Tara is having a baby today and another work friend is having her bridal shower. I want to be able to go see Tara and the baby, and I invited my friend Lucy to happy hour tomorrow....and it would be good to spend some time with my mother, I've been running around like a crazy person ever since she arrived.

Time to go back on a diet! Summer is coming and I feel like a slug. I'm working on my mom to talk to her new neighbor about Pilates classes, and the bike on a trainer in our basement has started calling my name again. I'm eating far better than I ever have before, salads and lots of protein and vegetables, so now it's just a matter of the regular exercise. BTW, I just want to say one thing to all of you skinny girls out there - stop buying all the Laughing Cow cheese! Geez, that stuff is more precious than gold. I just got back from two different stores, and they were both sold out. My friend Kim is exempt from that last comment, because I know how much she loves the cheese, but the rest of you need to stick to Cheez Whiz and nacho cheese spread - I need the Laughing Cow.

No comments: