Friday, February 10, 2006


Well, what do you know. It snowed after all. I guess when they give the odds as "90% chance of snow", it's a pretty safe bet.

Like LA, where people drive like complete idiots if one drop of rain falls from the sky, some people in Colorado don't have a firm grasp on how to drive in the snow. I suspect this is all because they used to live in LA. Traffic on a snowy morning is a hideous thing, so I once again took advantage of my new Eco Pass and took the bus. My car commute on a morning like this would be about 20 minutes, just because people would be driving like asses - large SUVs would still be flying down the road at 45mph, thinking that they're immune because their large heavy vehicles have the ability to use 4-wheel drive. It never ceases to amaze me. I promise you that the majority of car accidents that I respond to in the winter months are SUVs that have slid or flipped right off the icy roads, because they were going too fast and just assumed that their 4-wheel drive tank was keeping them safe.

No comments: