Tuesday, February 14, 2006


I was driving to work today in my normal early pre-coffee daze, and noticed that the glass doors to a law firm a few doors down from my office had 2 red hearts taped to them. I remember thinking how cool that was, that the stodgy old lawyers could publicly offer up valentines to everyone today. A second glance around at the storefronts on Pearl Street revealed that EVERY ONE OF THEM had a red heart taped to the door. Some band of rowdies, armed with paper hearts and tape dispensers, had descended on Pearl Street in the wee hours of the morning, in order to wish us all a happy Valentine's day. When I stopped in at Allison to get my morning schitzo skinny latte (half caffeinated w/ non-fat milk, for you non-drinkers), I asked them about the heart - they said it was taped to their door when they arrived at 5am, they have no idea who put it there. My friend at work is speculating that it's the downtown Boulder business association or some such group, but I prefer to think of Brownies or pure-hearted college kids or something....

Re: that photo - I can't begin to explain what a pain in the ass it was to post. Mostly because I'm too cheap to pay for Internet service for my phone. I took this photo w/ my trusty phone, which is equipped with Bluetooth - but unfortunately, my stupid Wincrap laptop is not. I didn't have my camera cable with me today (my cell phone can use the camera cable to connect to a USB device), so that wouldn't work either. Then, like a scene from a cartoon, the light bulb went on over my head - I have my trusty Mac with me today! My Mac has a Bluetooth built in! It senses my cell phone, and accesses it like a separate drive. In less than 2 minutes, I had exchanged keys and transferred the photo, then emailed it to myself so I could have it on my Wincrap machine. And lo, there was photo evidence of the Valentine's Day mystery.

No comments: