Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A wrap-up meme for 2005, courtesy of Julia:

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year, and don't intend to have any this year.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not in 2005, but three of my closest girlfriends became pregnant.

Did anyone close to you die?
Fortunately, no.

What countries did you visit?
None, unless you consider Pacific Junction, IA and Brainerd, MN to be other countries.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More free time at home.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job and leaving a place that was making me miserable.

What was your biggest failure?
I dropped out of one of my classes at school, I just couldn't get it together and make time for the work.

What was the best thing that you bought?
My husband's wedding band.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
My niece and nephew, who moved to a new state and started new schools and made new friends - I am so impressed by them.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'd rather not say.

Where did most of your money go?
Paying for a small but wonderful wedding.

What did you get really excited about?
My wedding.

What song will always remind you of 2005?
"Use Me" by Bill Withers

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or Sadder?
Much happier.

Thinner or fatter?
Slightly thinner.

Richer or poorer?
A little bit richer, and not just in terms of $$$

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Hiking with hubby and the dog.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting inside, being one with the TiVo.

How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with my family.

Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes, all over again.

How many one-night stands?
For better or worse, I think that's all behind me.

What was your favorite TV program?
"CSI" (the orignal), much to my husband's chagrin.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.

What was the best book you read?
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Radio Paradise (thanks, Ali)

What did you want and get?
A new job.

What did you want and not get?
A new bathroom.

What were your favorite films of this year?
"Brokeback Mountain"
"The Squid and the Whale"
"Crash"

What did you do on your birthday?
Went out for drinks with a bunch of friends in Denver.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
My pants should never approach my waist.

What kept you sane?
My sister, my girlfriends and my dog.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dr. McDreamy on "Grey's Anatomy" (Patrick Dempsey)

What political issue stirred you the most?
Supreme Court retirements and replacements.

Who did you miss?
My dad

Who was the best new person that you met?
Laurel, the girl who tints my eyelashes and waxes my eyebrows.

Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2005.
Pick your battles carefully and don't sweat the little stuff. It may be cliché, but it's the truth.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
But oh baby, baby, baby, baby
When you love me I can't get enough
I-I and I, wanna spread the news
That if it feels this good getting used
Oh, you just keep on using me
Until you use me up

No comments: