Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I received an email re: my previous post, asking why a nice girl like me has suddenly resorted to cursing on her blog. Huh. Well. I don't know what to say, other than it strikes me as odd that a complete stranger thinks that they know enough about me and my personality to suggest that I'm acting somehow out of character. I guess that's yet another thing that these Internets do for us.

It did make me think though. When I first started this blog, I WAS worried about people I knew reading it, or maybe I just posted carefully lest they did. After one BAAADDDD episode with a member of my family, I resolved to keep it light and stay away from the personal stuff. But the more I think about it, I wonder what the point of that is. Let's be honest, I am reaching out to people every time I post, so why not be who you are? I don't mean blogging as a substitute for face time with people, but some days it's all I can do to go to work and come home to make dinner. I am not burdened with an excess of free time. I see my girlfriends a couple of times a month. I see my family once a week. The rest of the time, I'm working or I'm resting from working or I'm trying to drag my ass off to exercise. So blogging and/or reading blogs is (for me) like meeting a friend for coffee, only I can take a few minutes out of my day instead of blowing off work for the morning.

There are a handful of blogs that I really look forward to reading. They are on the list at the right. I try to read most of them daily, but sometimes I only make it over to my true favorites. They have in turn directed me to other blogs that they enjoy, and I've found some great sites that way. That's what I like best. It's like having your friend introduce you to their friend, who becomes your friend, too. A whole new world.

No comments: