Monday, December 26, 2005



The holidays were good at my house. My sister has been in town, and we've had a great time together. I managed to shop for my family without feeling compelled to go overboard (a first for me). My husband, clever boy that he is, got together with the husband of my girlfriend Joni, and they got us each a spa day setup - so that we can go together and be spoiled.

But the food!! The food was the best. And by "best" I am referring to the fact that I didn't have to do much of anything. I made some lentil soup on Christmas Eve, but my mother ruled the kitchen on Christmas Day. Breakfast was green chilies filled with cheese, baked with eggs and more cheese, plus cheese & garlic grits and homemade sticky buns. Holy cow. Dinner was delicious as well - standing rib roast, yams (with a really delicate orange flavor), green beans with pine nuts, biscuits, and candy-cane Jello. The Jello is a family favorite, we've had it every year for as long as I can remember. The kids do exactly the same thing that my brother and sister and I did years ago - you take a big helping of the Jello first, and then say "well, I guess I have to hurry up and eat this now, so it doesn't get contaminated by the gravy..."

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

No comments: