Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What do you do about someone who is sitting on the other side of a short cube wall from you, attempting to cough up a lung every few minutes? Christ, she's not even covering her mouth! Ew! Rude person germs!

This is one drawback to the new job - it's straight hourly, almost like being a contractor. That means no paid leave: no vacation, sick or holiday time. So it's no wonder that she'd rather sit there and basically cough on me, rather than go home - she wouldn't get paid if she left, dammit! What the hell am I supposed to do? Offer her tea, or a cough drop? I'm semi-serious here. I can't get away from her, because this is where I sit, and the cubes are configured so that I can't move away from this short (maybe two feet above the line of my desk) wall.

I've been sitting here for the past hour, scrunched down low in my chair, the collar of my tshirt over my nose and mouth. Think anyone will notice?

No comments: