Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The news just gets worse. Each time I turn on the radio or the television, or visit a news website, there are further horrors in the South from Katrina and her aftermath. I just read that they had to halt evacuations at the Superdome because people were shooting at the helicopters. I can only imagine how desperate people are feeling.

I made donations this morning to the American Red Cross, which I know is providing life-saving services to victims of Hurricane Katrina. Also, because I don't know if I could choose to save myself if it meant leaving Ruby behind, I made an additional donation to the Humane Society of the United States. So many animals had to be left, and the Humane Society is working to not only help rescue the animals, but also to assist their people.

No comments: