Wednesday, February 09, 2005

It's been so crazy busy lately that I haven't been able to much blogging or writing or reading or any other thing that helps maintain my sanity. I've managed to make plans or commit to projects nearly every night of the week for the past two weeks. I am now committed to doing absolutely nothing this Saturday. I will sleep in, I will play computer games, I will read magazines, I will knit, I will drink copious amounts of alcohol. Those were not listed in the order of preference or priority.

Yesterday I bought the book for which I've been searching (couldn't remember the exact title): French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating For Pleasure, by Mireille Guiliano. I read a review of it back around Christmas, and it sounded so much like the advice A's father had already given me - eat quality, ignore fad diets, avoid processed & prepared foods, savor the flavors, and indulge once in a while. I haven't had a chance to read through the book yet, but it seems to be practical advice - plus, there are some recipes in there that are supposed to be wonderful. Lo and behold, when I was reading the news today on nytimes.com, there was a review listed - read it here.

No comments: