Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Well, my Lakers couldn't pull it off last night, not that I really expected them to. The thing that really bugged me was Karl Malone in street clothes. I don't care how bad his knee was hurting, he should have been out there with anything less that a severed limb. That was the last night he'd be in an arena as a player, and he didn't play?!?! I think that was a poor message to send to the rest of the team, and I guarantee you that if the Lakers had somehow managed to win last night, Malone would be looking for floor time back in LA for Game 6. Obviously, I don't know what went on behind the scenes that led to the decision to not have him suit up, but I think it was the wrong call, whoever made it. I consider Karl to be one of the greats, but I was truly disappointed in him.

No comments: