Saturday, June 19, 2004

Ow. Very sore today. Socks and hardwood floors are a bad combination, and one I wouldn't have expected in June. It's been so rainy and cold that I'm always wearing socks, and last night, arms full of laundry, I took a bad step down the wood stairs - thump, thump, thump, thump, thump. While nothing appears to be broken (doctor said elbow and wrist are okay, but maybe a broken rib), I'm moving a bit gingerly today. The worst pain is in my shoulder, which took a big jolt when my elbow hit the floor. Bruises on the back of my hip, upper back and elbow. Not good. My mother pulled a similar move last week, but we blame that on a runner in the hall that didn't have a no-skid pad under it (it does now, I can tell you!).

Today we're off to have a couples massage & lunch at a spa outside Denver - a Christmas present from Dean & Kim that we're just now getting a chance to use. I think a massage is just what I need. Of course, it's always a little embarrassing that I fall asleep almost every time I get a massage...

I read on another blog about a new Crate & Barrel store, called CB2. It's sort of their "hip" line - I found some great stuff there for my mother's new house - orange tea kettle & orange melamine canisters, to go in her new orange and red kitchen...

No comments: