Thursday, June 24, 2004

Things continue to be tense at work. They still haven't announced a new hire to replace the admin that they fired 2 months ago, and yesterday they let the receptionist go. Today, someone in my department asked me if I was worried for my job, and when I answered "yes", I realized it was true. I'm not worried about being let go, but the prospect of finding something else quickly is a different story. There is a job out there that I desperately want to have, but it pays substantially less than I make now, and I'm just not sure that I can afford to take it....but I'm going to figure out a way. I'm a big proponent of "life's too short", and staying around at a job where people are unpleasant to you every day is stupid. It reminds me of one of the definitions of insanity - doing the same thing over and over, but expecting to get different results. I think that it's not reasonable for me to expect people to behave any differently than they have in the past, because people don't really change their natures....(in case you missed it, I'm feeling a bit cynical today)

No comments: