Wednesday, June 15, 2005

....23 days to go....

Song lyrics of the day: "I'm just a soul whose intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood..."

The song of the day idea has been bouncing around in my mind for a while. Each morning, usually while I'm in the shower, I realize that I've woken up with a song playing. I don't know if it's from a dream, or some other thing that happened between my bed and my shower, but there's a song, and it's usually pretty obscure, or it's a nursery rhyme from my childhood, or some other weird thing. It occurred to me that it would be interesting (to me, anyway) to see which songs are popping up from day to day. What sort of information about my emotional state might you gather from seeing what random songs my subconscious presents each morning? I suppose the fact that there is a "song of the day" in my head probably says a lot already (haha).

Met w/ the restaurant owner last night from the joint where we'll have dinner after the ceremony. It's perfect, very low key, across the street from our hotel for that night, just a block from the Pearl Street Mall, where there is likely to be much drinking done after the wedding. We'll have a private room, pool tables, access to the bar - exactly what the boy and I were after. Check that one off the list...

No comments: