Thursday, June 02, 2005

....36 days to go....

I woke up early this morning (it's a wash-the-hair day, which means an extra forty-five minutes to get ready) and as I was showering, it suddenly hit me that the wedding is in just over a month, and I still don't have a florist or furniture for the party. What if the party rents place doesn't have anything available for me? I only have 3 weekends in town left before the wedding, and one of them is booked with a garage sale - how the hell am I going to get everything done? Will it be okay with you if my blog turns into a WedZILLA panic station?

I've been working on registry items, after reading on an etiquette list somewhere that you need to have registered for as many items as you have guests invited. Hah! I think I had 35 items on two different registries, but have invited 40 people to the wedding and another 60 are invited to the reception. The article suggested treating the registry like winning a shopping spree, and to register for the things you'd love to give yourself if money wasn't an option. So I went back and registered for a few more things, things that are more "love to have" than "need to have".

No comments: