Saturday, July 03, 2004

It's a beautiful summer day here, the first weekend in recent memory without the looming threat of rain. I'm off to the Farmer's Market this morning, am wanting more rosemary and lavender to plant in pots in my backyard. I bought some lavender last fall and planted it in the ground at the front of the house, along the driveway, and it has sprouted and flowered like crazy. Beautiful!

Alex and I went out last night, down to the mall, hitting all of our favorite places. We ended up on the roof deck of the new Lazy Dog, formerly a sports bar in our neighborhood that was forced to move. Their new restaurant didn't seem all that interesting, but the roof is something else. Views of the Flatirons and all of Boulder, tons of tables and lots of servers. The food was delicious, but then again I have no perspective, as we had already had 4 or 5 pints by the time we arrived....

No comments: