Thursday, July 01, 2004

I took the day off work yesterday, and went to see "Spiderman 2" with my mom and Joey and Mare. We all really liked the movie, and agreed that it was better than the original. We may even agree with Roger Ebert (who I tend to disagree with) that it is the best superhero movie since the original "Superman" in 1978. The only thing that distracted me from Tobey's big blue eyes was the obnoxious woman and her three obnoxious kids who wandered the theater and did everything from talking in their loudest voices (the 5 & 6 year olds) to babbling and shrieking (the two year old) during the ENTIRE film. This woman didn't make any effort to quiet them or remove the from the theater, just completely oblivious. Lady, if you can hear me - HIRE A DAMN SITTER. Honestly, don't they have special showings for mothers & infants/toddlers/outofcontrolkids? It cost me $20 bucks (between tix for me and one kid, plus popcorn & drink) to see the movie, and I get to listen to her kid scream? At what point do people stop having any consideration for anyone besides themselves? Besides, this really isn't a movie for little kids. It's dark and noisy and scary - isn't that why it's rated PG-13?

No comments: