Wednesday, July 14, 2004

I'm going to the Farmer's Market tonight with my mom and Mare. It's every Wednesday afternoon and Saturday morning, but I've never been on Wednesday before. We'll grab dinner down there, maybe tamales from one of the vendors. Usually I get herbs (last time I bought four tiny lavender plants), veggies, cheese, bread, and sometimes something special - like a bunch of dried sage that I keep around to burn in the house.

A friend at work bought some of the yellow bracelets to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation. They sell the bracelets for $1 each to raise funds for the foundation, and are have Lance's motto "Live Strong" stamped on them. I went to the site and ordered a package of 10 to give away.

My friend Laurel is running the Nike 26.2 in San Francisco in October, to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I recently learned that my goddaughter was diagnosed with leukemia, so I went to the site and made a donation in her name. As a bonus, Laurel will put Sadie's name on her shirt for the marathon.

No comments: