Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Today's meme suggested by Pam:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? Erm, it's been so long (high school? Hello? Seventeen years ago??). I guess I don't care/know, as long as I'm one of the books that Montag keeps hidden and refuses to burn.



Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? A couple leap to mind, but they're not from books - Troy Dyer from "Reality Bites" and Parker Stevenson as the elder brother on "The Hardy Boys". I did/do have a very powerful, non-romantic crush on Atticus Finch. I wish I'd known that my father was that good a man.



The last book you bought is: An Ordinary Person's Guide to Empire by Arundhati Roy. I loved The God of Small Things, and although this new one is non-fiction, I'm hoping I'll enjoy it as well.



The last book you read: Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I loved it.



What are you currently reading? Struggling through Mirror, Mirror by Gregory Magurire. So far, it's not floating my boat.



Five books you would take to a deserted island: Tough one, to choose just five. Here goes: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, e by Matthew Beaumont, The Eiger Sanction by Trevanian, and Blue Shoe by Anne Lamott.



Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 people) and why? None of my friends blog. However, I'm passing Middlesex on to a friend today, and am gifting a copy of Blue Shoe to a friend this weekend. I'll come up with a third...

No comments: