Sunday, March 27, 2005

After a few days of snow and rain, the weather has finally taken a turn for the better. Things in the yard are starting to bloom (purple and yellow crocus, buds on the lilac tree), and the grass is emerald green. Today it's supposed to be up around 50 degrees.

We're doing a family dinner tonight, and have invited some of my mother's new friends to join us. It'll be like old times - big meal, big group, lots of talking and getting to know each other. It's one of the things I've missed the most about having my family be scattered around so much.

Wedding plans are moving right along. My mom's friend Jan has offered to help by organizing food for the wedding and reception, and she'll help my mom with flowers as well. I want to start looking for fun stuff for the yard - lights and cool stuff to hang from the trees and to decorate the fence that runs the length of the backyard, funky old tableclothes to throw over the tables, stuff like that.

No comments: