Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007


I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday! The photo is my sister and my dog, taken last Thursday.

We've been busy digging out from the latest storm to hit Colorado (yeah, merry Christmas!). I took some time off work last week to hang out with my sister, but since we were stranded for a full day, I ended up working on and off throughout the day. Many movies were watched, many fresh baked cookies were consumed. In the end, we had about four feet of snow at our place. We had to phone a neighbor with a snow plow to come dig out our driveway, otherwise I might still be up there.

New Year's Eve was a great time. We had met a neighbor who lives even further back into the forest than we do, and he hosts a bonfire every year on New Year's Eve. We went up there about 7:30pm, and there was plenty to eat and drink. People trickled in to the party over the next couple of hours, and in the end there were about 25 of us there. It was all neighbors, so it was really nice for us to meet everyone. They're mostly a little older than us (on average probably late 40s or early 50s), and they're all so excited that there'll be a baby in the summer. Apparently they do a music festival in June every year, but have decided that they want to move it to July so that I can bring the baby and they can all meet him/her.

No comments: