Friday, January 05, 2007

15w 6d


Things are good. The little monkey hasn't been giving me any trouble at all. Aside from an occasional pinch or pull (especially when I sneeze), it's been a very smooth process, growing this baby. Most of my early symptoms have passed, and I can now get comfortable in my bed and sometimes sleep through the night without having to get up to pee. I have a doctor appointment next week, and will get to hear the heartbeat again. I haven't started to feel the baby move yet, so hearing the heartbeat will reassure me that everything is as it should be.

A local store was having a huge sale post-Christmas, and I picked up a box of Trumpette Monkey socks - they are wonderful! I also got a box of alphabet flash cards that are based on a vintage children's French dictionary. Obviously we won't need the flash cards for a while, but they were too sweet to pass up.

I'm snowed in (again!) today, but hopeful that the big plow will make it up to my neighborhood later this morning and I'll be able to go to town. I have lots of errands to run in preparation for a quick trip to LA next week. I can't wait, I get so homesick for Los Angeles sometimes. First order of business, Trader Joe's. Second, at least one trip to IKEA (oh, the joy....). I found a cool dresser/changing table at IKEA online, I'm going to try to get it and ship it home. They also had some wonderful lamps and ceiling light fixtures that would be perfect for a little monkey's room.

No comments: